Pre O-week Locals Welcome
- This will be held on Friday the 17th of February in the Main Common Room in the Union Building. This will be an opportunity to meet your fellow locals doing similar degrees, meet the locals coordinator and other staff, and have a chat with the locals leaders and mentors.
- We will give you more information about what the program can offer you to help with your first year of university
- Bring along any locals friends you have as they can register at this event!
- This is a free BBQ and meet up for all Local students to be welcomed to the University, and a great way to find out what will be on offer. Feel free to bring as many Local friends as you want, registration to the programme will be open on the day.
- Logan Park
- An inter-college friendly sports tournament with competitions available in touch rugby, netball, volleyball and soccer. Come on down to either play a few games or cheer on the Locals as we take on the colleges. In 2013/2014/2015/2016 the locals dominated!
Academic Orientation Events
- The University will be running UNIO101 throughout o-week! These sessions run for an hour and point out the important differences between high school and university, and provide essential advice on how to succeed at University. There is a student panel afterwards where you will have the opportunity to ask 2nd and 3rd year students questions!
- We are encouraging Locals students to attend the session at 10.30am on Monday the 20th!
VIP Toga Party Warm up
- A fun event to get you all warmed up for the toga party and will be held only a short distance from the Stadium at the Otago University Rugby Club!
- $10 will get you entry to the event, food, non-alcoholic drinks and a sheet to make your toga!
- This event will be limited BYO, and the guidelines for this can be found on our Facebook event.
Locals Scavenger Hunt
- A fun challenge with lots of prizes, as well as a free sausage sizzle. Get a team together or find one on the day!
AND of course there will be the usual events run by the AMAZING OUSA!! Keep up with their events by joining the Planet Ori ’17 Facebook event