The Student Learning Centre staff provide a free and confidential service to support students at all levels of study.
Individual consultations with students
SLC staff are available for individual consultations with students by appointment. They are available to provide practical guidance on topics such as, essay writing, planning and structuring an assignment, improving time management, note-taking and study skills or preparing presentations.
Writing and study skills workshops are available during semester times. Registration for the workshops are available on the SLC website. Workshops are available in the following areas:
- – Writing the University Essay
- – Writing better sentences and paragraphs
- – Summarising and paraphrasing
- – Introduction to scientific writing
- – Note-taking
- – Reading for understanding
- – How to use your time effectively as a student
- – How to revise and prepare for exams
- – How to write exam essays
- – Managing exam stress
2016 workshop dates and times are yet to be finalised
The SLC also have available a number of handy resources on their website that can help guide you on note-taking, time-management and motivation, through to assignment writing skills.
Come and see us!
The SLC staff are willing to help you with any study skills or writing queries so come in and see us at any stage of your study.
Central Library (ISB) Building
Phone: +64 3 479 8801